Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day!

I will proudly admit that I love Valentine's Day.  The candy hearts, flowers, red and pink frosted cookies and cakes, the little paper valentines with cute sayings...all of it invokes warm fuzzy feelings.  


This year, A and I agreed that we would not exchange gifts.  So a few days before v-day, I went to the store and milled over the various cards to find the perfect one to express how I feel.  It took some time, but I found the perfect card for our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife.   


On the eve of the big day, A surprised me with an early Valentine's Day gift.  And though it broke the rule of not exchanging gifts, I greedily took the box and opened it.  He had got me a new chain for the cross he had bought me previously, because I had broke my last one and had not been able to wear it.  A knew I had been missing it and wanted me to be able to wear my cross on our dinner date the next evening.  His thoughtfulness was another reminder of why I am so in love with him.  


Monday came and though I was still not sure where he had made reservations for dinner, I felt I had it narrowed down to a possible three: Palmer's, The Melting Pot, (I had been dropping not so subtle hints about wanting to go there), and Kurt's, which is our standing favorite.  It ended up being Kurt's.  I was thrilled that it was one of my three possibilities, as I like to be right.  As always, the food was delicious.  We had the bruschetta (which is a must), deep fried dinner rolls, Lobster Bisque, and steaks (I had the petite fillet and A had a rib-eye).  I think the last time we went out alone for a "nice" dinner was the week we got married, so it was wonderful to have some "us" time away from our daily lives.  


It was probably  the best Valentine's Days I have had, with just enough of the commercialization, the comfort of being with someone who truly knows me, and the thrill of having a day dedicated to celebrating how much you love those around you.  


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment