Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A First for the New Year

I went to the gym a few weeks ago.  Yep, it only took me 16 days to talk myself into going.  I read something recently, on Pinterest of course, that said "Someone who is busier than you is running right now".  I am sure that this is true.  Many of my friends that are runners are some of the busiest people I know.  So the last two weeks I have repeated this to myself a few times each day, and I finally made it to the gym!

It has been about a year since I have worked out on a regular basis and though the numbers on the scale have not changed much, the weight has, well, it has redistributed itself.  This redistribution has settled mostly to my midsection.  The biggest issue with that is the tight pants syndrome I am starting to experience.  I hate when I have to struggle a little to button my pants :)  

Tight pants is only one reason I aim to make some changes.  I miss being "strong".  I love when my body feels and looks strong; when muscles start to define, energy is up, and I don't have to ask a guy to carry or move something.  I LOVE how I FEEL on the INSIDE when my BODY is STRONG on the OUTSIDE.  

So, my slow journey to a healthier weight is beginning now.  I say slow because realistically I know that I am not going to start out going to the gym everyday or changing how I eat over night.  Failure will come fast and swift if I make that my goal (this I know from past experience).  I am going to make small changes over time and hopefully improve my physical self.

What do you do to get motivated? 


1 comment:

  1. My coworker and I started creating different monthly "challenges" for motivation and accountability. Nothing unrealistic, it's just easier to go when you know somebody else besides you knows you haven't been to the gym in 16 days. She has since left the company but we keep it going during the cold, dreary months. We have stated including others in on it too. It works!

    ReplyDelete