Saturday, March 3, 2012

Paying Myself to Workout

Yep, that's right.  I am going to start paying myself to workout.  My motivation to work out is pretty much nonexistence.  I love the thought of it and the benefits I would get if I actually did it, but I rarely make it off the couch to actually work out.  I have been inspired by something I found on Pinterest, which is really no surprise, that will hoepfully accomplish a multitude of goals. 
  1. I will actually work out
  2. I will spend less money on clothes, shoes, and various accessories (A will love this one!)
  3. My self esteem will increase as my strength does  
  4. A healthier me!!
This is how I plan on doing it.  For every half hour I work out, I get $1.  If I go everyday for a whole week, I get a $5 bonus.  The money I earn can then be spent on those items I don't need, but want, like shoes, clothes, and accessories!  Unlike my Pinterest inspiration, I have decided that I will not require myself to save up $100 before I spend any of my workout money, but that I can choose to spend it at anytime. 

Guilt free spending and a healthier me!  It's a win-win!        

1 comment: