Tuesday, January 25, 2011

For the Love of Airports

I like love airports!

I rarely travel by plane, but when I do, my favorite part is the airport.  I don't think that it is one specific thing that makes me love them the way I do, but a combination of small things.  By nature, I am a people watcher, and there are so many people to watch at the airport.  Part of what I enjoy is trying to figure out where people are going and why they are traveling.  I also love that you can find just about anything you need in an airport.  The variety of stores are either miniature versions of themselves or a souvenir shops filled with t-shirts, mugs, bags, and trinkets that no one really needs.  I love the orderliness of the whole process.  The rules that need to be followed and the procedures that are constant and predictable.  Even the waiting doesn't bother me.  I like having to read, or look around, or finish a crossword puzzle.  It is relaxing and free of guilt because I am not just sitting around, but waiting for my flight.  And then there is the anticipation of my bag coming around on the baggage carousel.  Nothing beats the relief of seeing that your luggage has also arrived safely and that you will not be left wearing the same clothes for a week.

So though I do not always enjoy my flight, I always enjoy the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment