Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Few Back to School Ramblings

Wow! It has been 3 weeks since school started and it has been a whirlwind! I am loving my class, my coworkers, and the fact that it is starting to feel like fall.  Though to be honest, school has definitely been sucking up the majority of my free time.  Luckily, I get to take a relaxing break this weekend and spend some time with my hubby and some friends.  Needless to say, I CAN 'T WAIT!!

A few  things I have realized over the past couple of weeks:

1) I don't mind getting up early again, but it is an adjustment after the last 2 months.  Especially because I have such a tough time getting up.  It's not that I am not a morning person, it's that I am a don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed person. Once I am up I'm fine.  It's getting up that's the problem.  It is always a little bit of a shock to my system to have to get up each morning and go to work. I know, I know, that is what most non-teachers do all the time so I shouldn't be complaining :) 

2) I might be ready for back to school clothes and shoes, but my feet are not!  After being barefoot or in flip flops for the past 2 months, my feet are not loving my high heels.  They are taking longer to adjust then I am!  Luckily, no one seems to notice my change to sandals mid-way through the day.  

3) Eating well and eating clean is A LOT tougher when you have less time.  It is a struggle to avoid convince food when you have worked all day and still have errands to run and a home to clean.  The extra time it takes to plan and read labels seems to be an eternity when you spend all day answering the repeated questioning of 7 year olds.  

Overall, it has been great and I am excited for the year ahead.  I am always worn out the first couple of weeks and I know I will get in the groove (and my feet will get used to my work shoes)!  



No comments:

Post a Comment