Tuesday, September 13, 2011

August in Review

Book Read: Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin and Goodbye, Jimmy Choo by Annie Sanders
I would recommend both (though the first one was a little tough for a newly married women to get through).

New Recipe: Crispy Bacon and Hash Brown Quesadillas with Eggs from Brunch at Bobby's
Love, Love, Love this recipe!  Bobby uses quail eggs but I used regular eggs and it was still delicious.  Beware of cutting the pablono.  I thought I washed my hands enough but when I rubbed my eye later, my eye soon felt like it was on fire.  It was a rough half hour.     

Crock Pot Recipe: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham (I halved it for just A and I)
10 Medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced               1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
3 cups cubed fully cooked ham                                      1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 large onions, thinly sliced                                            1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In greased 6-qt slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, ham, onions and cheese.  Repeat layers.  Pour soup over top.  Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.  Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Yield 9 servings

Other things to cross off my list: 
  • went camping (only 3 to go)
  • ate at Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty in WI Dells for first time (3:5 new restaurants) 
  • make and follow a budget (getting better at both!)  
  • completed our first Great Escape and it was a blast
  • went fishing with A and realized I am way to empathetic to enjoy it.  I just feel so bad for the fish.
  • herb garden is growing strong and I am going to try and keep it going inside this winter
  • completed Relay for Life 
  • make the bed every morning (with just a couple exception) 

No comments:

Post a Comment