Monday, April 25, 2011

Project 52 ~ 2 Month Update

It has been a two months since I made my list of 52 things to do this year.  I figured it would help hold me accountable if I shared both my successes and failures works is progress.  As you can see, some have been going much better than others.

Success!
  • Attend trainings for work (MACC Conference; Intro. to Leading Others, Intro. to Fiscal Management)
  • Try one new recipe a month (I even bought a new cookbook to make this even easier)
  • Be a better friend to my girls - more calls, e-mails, etc. 
  • Create an emergency fund so we don't need to rely on our credit cards (We have not only created an emergency fund, but have had to use it)
  • Read one classic novel (Read Jane Eyre)
  • Learn how to separate work and home 
  • Start "The Great Escape" with my college girlfriends instead of just talking about it (Trip is planned for August)
  • Get new glasses (Sooner than I planned due to necessity of eye allergy, see earlier post
  • Use my crock pot once a month

Work In Progress...
  • Pay off the Malibu 
  • Pay off our credit card debit
  • Go camping at least 4 times (We haven't gone yet, but we have two trips set up)
  • Visit 5 new restaurants (We tried out JC Bogars and loved it.  Only 4 more to go!)
  • Make and follow a budget (We made a budget, but we are still getting used to following one
  • Take a daily multivitamin (Most days I am pretty good, but still working on it)
  • Read 12 new books (Read 2 so far, 10 to go)
  • Do a walk/run for charity (Set up a Relay for Life team and the event is in June)
  • Start a One Line a Day journal (Started, just haven't been keeping up with it)
  • Have a date night once a month (Haven't been very intentional about this one, even though we have done some things just the two of us)
  • Make the bed every morning (Started out strong but the last two weeks have been an "Epic Failure")

Left To Complete 
  • Work on scrapbooks once a month
  • Read a book on management
  • Get my passport
  • Grow an herb garden
  • Drink 8 glasses of water a day
  • Learn to juggle
  • Take a Segway tour
  • Host Brunch
  • Travel somewhere I have never been before
  • Work out three times a week
  • Write one Thank-You a month
  • Purge our place of useless clutter
  • Start doing yoga again 
  • Go to a drive-in movie theater with A
  • Buy a new piece of furniture 
  • Go fishing with A at least once 
  • Stop being so critical of myself and others
  • Make bread from scratch 
  • Make our faith a greater priority
  • Make homemade granola
  • Eat healthier - more fruits and veggies and less processed food
  • Eat dinner at the table with the TV off most days of the week
  • Watch less TV
  • Pray Daily
  • Learn to knit
  • Get pregnant
  • See a live performance (play, musical, concert)
  • Go golfing with A at least once 
  • Complete 5 random acts of kindness
  • Laugh Daily
  • Have more patience 
  • Donate $5 for any item not completed


1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind me stopping by, I saw the link of Facebook! I really admire you for even making the list. It is an awesome list and you really have accomplished a lot.

    So glad I got to be a part of your first success, attending MACC! Have a great Spring!

    ReplyDelete